Re: A question to the Debian community ... (Was: Question for Sam Hocevar "Gay Nigger Association of America")

[Sven Luther]
> So, you are wrong, this is not about me, it is about debian, about its
> fundamental unability to handle social conflicts, about some DDs who
> sadly have achieved a situation of power, knowing no other way to handle
> critics without hurting the other side as much as they can.

If this is really not about you, then please, please, keep it that way.

Let me propose something: You, Sven Luther, may continue to talk about
what is wrong with Debian's handling of social situations ... but you
will stop using yourself as an example.  Do not even _mention_
yourself, nor your conflicts with d-i and d-kernel, nor the mediation
attempts, nor your suspension.

If you have a point to make, surely you can make it using other
examples.  One case study does not make a pattern.  If you think Debian
has a systemic problem, it should be easy to find other evidence.  (Or
indeed, if you cannot find evidence that does not involve you
personally, you would do well to ask yourself why not.)

My proposal isn't arbitrary: I have two reasons for it.  First, we have
already heard your story many, many times; I find it extremely unlikely
that you have anything to add to it that we haven't already heard.
Second, because of the long history of your case, nobody can be
impartial about it, least of all you.