Re: BREAKING NEWS: Debian developers aren't trusted

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:27:17AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The right way of dealing with that is to work with the potential
> contributor to ensure they understand the issues that're involved so
> that their future contributions can be accepted and will be useful.

This is a very important sentence.

Working with these people is what is desired and necessary. If the
Debian core teams all manage to live by this single sentence, we're
all fine.

Today, most Debian core teams do not communicate with mere mortals,
which is the complete opposite of "working with" people. This needs to
change, and if Debian manages to implement these changes, 80 % of our
recurring problems will simply vanish in a haze.

How do you plan to improve our core teams' communication skills?

Greetings
Marc