Re: Anton's amendment

Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> But if 'reasonable modification' means 'modification that
> is necessary in order to solve some particular need' then it is not
> obvious that the document is non-free as we can see from the examples
> given so far [*].

I'm wondering if you consider my example in [0], which considers
modifying a document to work on a display device with limited charset
(e.g., ASCII-only) support, to be a modification necessary to solve some
particular need.

In particular, after doing the work to convert the document to the right
character set, I'm pretty sure that I am not able to give that modified
version to my neighbor.

[0] Anthony DeRobertis, "A new practical problem with invariant
sections?". Message-ID: [🔎] 43EFD358.3050600@derobert.net
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/02/msg00568.html>