Re: Anton's amendment

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:23:43 -0700, Wesley J Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> said:

> Manoj, I really don't see how you can believe that this proposal is
> "novel and unconventional", but if you really, *honestly* believe
> that, and you are not pushing a 3:1 because of your personal views
> about the GFDL, I guess I understand your position.

> Anyway, I don't think I agree with your take on this proposal, but I
> do agree that you should do your job as secretary as honestly as and
> objectively as possible. If you are truely doing that then I support
> you even if I think you are wrong. =)

        My personal beliefs do not have any bearing on actions I takew
 with my secretaries hat on, to the best of my ability to do so.

        I do believe that "The license must allof for modifications"
 does mean that any modification of the work must be
 permissible -- not just modifying whatever the author gives you
 permission to modify.

        (Extreme exampls: You can not modify this work, apart from the
 last period. You can modify that to whatever you want -- does not
 meet the DFSG, even though it allows you to modify the last byte of
 the work.)

        manoj
--
Each person has the right to take the subway.