Re: Anton's amendment

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:46:23 +0200, Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg> said:

> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 04:44:59PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>
>> This is a procedural nightmare. What happens if we do split things
>> and Anton's proposal asses, we issue a statement, and the DFSG
>> amendment fails? We'll have a contradiction between a position
>> statement and the DFSG, which is bad.

> This would mean that Debian developers decided that DFSG do not
> require clarification.

> Notice BTW, that the interpretation of DFSG that I proposed is not
> the only one possible interpretation of DFSG that makes my proposal
> about GFDL consistent with DFSG.

        I would think not clarifying the DFSG would make for a
 contradiction. At the very least, it would confuse a large set of
 readers. I still think these decsions are on a related topic that
 belong on one ballot.

        manoj
--
Proclaim liberty throughout the land until all the inhabitants
thereof. Leviticus 25:10