Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:18:33PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:17:05 +0100, Ian Jackson
>> <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> said:
>> > Perhaps it would be better if the policy maintainer were someone who
>> > was more willing to listen and take on board comments ?
>>         This sounds like a canard. What official Board comments have
>>  been disregarded by the current set of policy maintainers? Or do you
>>  mean "Ian wants a Yes Man"?
>
> Ian meant "take comments under consideration", not "listen to comments
> from the technical committee".

Manoj sometimes gives the impression of not listening, because he
doesn't "nod" and say "yes, hm" by e-mail.  But if you assert that he is
in fact not listening and not taking into consideration what he hears,
you should back up this claim with some references.  I have the opposite
impression:  The bugs that get no answer in the BTS are fixed soon, only
those that he discusses might be tricky, or he reluctant to fix them.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)