Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 10:34:01AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:40:52 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:
> > What has happened since is that the delegation has apparently been
> > taken as a mandate for the policy editors to set policy according to
> > their own opinion without any obligation to consult each other, or
> > the developers as a whole. I'm not willing to have delegations exist
> > in that way.
>         Can you cite any instance that his has actually happened?

Yes, you claimed that you didn't need any review because you were a
delegate on IRC. You went on to ask for comments on IRC anyway, and you
might well have done so on the lists anyway, but that's not enough:
getting review from other developers is a requirement for acting in
the name of the project, whether that be in documenting the project's
technical policies or in any other way.

10:23 <aj> Manoj: will you be following the policy change procedure you created
           years ago? (file a bug marked wishlist with the changes you want, get
           a second on the -policy list, answer any comments, etc)
10:23 <Manoj> aj: nope. that is for others to tell me what to do.
10:25 <Manoj> policy delegates can make changes to policy, that is their
              jurosdiction

I'm not willing to let a delegation stand while if it's being used as
a justification to not talk to other people; even if that's happening
only hypothetically.

Cheers,
aj