Resolutions concerning dunc-tank

I hereby propose each of the three draft General Resolutions below.
(Each resolution text is between cut marks like these: -8<- ->8-).

I would like to request that:
 * The Project Leader reduces the minimum discussion period
   and the voting period to one week each;
 * The Secretary puts all three of these onto a single ballot;
 * Developers who want this issue put to a vote second all three
   of these resolutions, so that we have a good chance of a
   clear and coherent outcome.

Note that I do not intend to accept any amendments and I intend to
call for a vote as soon as the minimum discussion period has elapsed.
We have discussed this extensively on debian-private.  Thanks to Russ
Allbery for his comments on the third draft.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I think anyone who replies to this
mail in the manner specified by the Secretary in his recent
announcement, quoting this paragraph with approval and saying
`seconded' or `sponsored', should be taken to intend to sponsor all
three resolution texts exactly as I have proposed them here.

First resolution `We disapprove of dunc-tank':
 -8<-
  BACKGROUND

  1. Anthony Towns, the current Debian Project Leader, has suggested
     funding the Debian Release Managers' living expenses during the
     forthcoming release.

  2. Following informal opposition during internal discussions, Anthony
     Towns has started soliciting, in a private capacity, donations for
     a non-Debian-controlled fund for this purpose.

  OPINIONS OF THE DEBIAN DEVELOPERS

  3. Firstly, we would like to thank the Release Managers and the Leader
     for their efforts.  We have no disagreement with the Release
     Managers.

  4. However, we, are of the opinion that (effectively) paying the
     Release Managers for their core Debian work devalues the work of
     other volunteers and is harmful to the project.

  DECISIONS AND REQUESTS

  5. Let it be known that Anthony Towns's plan does not have the support
     of the Debian Project, and that he is not authorised by Debian to
     take donations for this purpose.

  6. The Project requests that the Release Managers should not accept
     any funding for their core Debian activities without the consent of
     the Project.

  7. The Project requests that potential donors do not give to the fund,
     described in paragraph (2) above, set up by Anthony Towns.

  8. For the avoidance of any doubt, any decisions by the DPL or
     Delegates in pursuit of the plan described in paragraphs (1) and
     (2) above are overruled with immediate effect.

  9. Everyone is requested to interpret this resolution, and make any
     further decisions, as are necessary to give full effect to our
     wishes.
 ->8-

Second resolution `We approve of dunc-tank':
 -8<-
  BACKGROUND

  1. Anthony Towns, the current Debian Project Leader, has suggested
     funding the Debian Release Managers' living expenses during the
     forthcoming release, as an experiment.

  2. Following internal discussions, Anthony Towns has started
     soliciting, in a private capacity, donations for a
     non-Debian-controlled fund for this purpose.

  OPINIONS OF THE DEBIAN DEVELOPERS

  3. Firstly, we would like to thank the Release Managers and the Leader
     for their efforts.

  4. The Project broadly approves of the experimental plan.

  DECISIONS AND REQUESTS

  5. Let it be known that Anthony Towns's experiment has the support of
     the Debian Project.

  6. The Release Managers and Donors are requested to cooperate with the
     experiment as seems reasonable and appropriate to them.

  7. The Project requests that after the release, the experiment will be
     evaluated by project and community, and that the Leader will
     formally report.  If it is thought broadly successful, processes of
     this nature should be established fully as an activity of the
     Debian Project.
 ->8-

Third resolution `We do not want to state an opinion':
 -8<-
  1. The Developers note the existence and activities
     of the dunc-tanc project.

  2. We do not believe it appropriate for the Project as a whole to
     address dunc-tank in a General Resolution.
 ->8-