Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> What's the difference between my employer trying to get me to do something
> unethical that violates an agreement with Debian or someone else trying to
> get me to do the same?  Are you focusing on the increased difficulty of
> telling one's employer no?  If so, remember that you can resolve a
> conflict of interest by refusing *either* party; if I can't resolve the

This is quite an easy statement to make; it's actually far harder to
do in real life if/when the need arises, you know.

> non-Debian issue creating the conflict of interest, I would resign the
> Debian position.  This is a distinction that doesn't interfere with

Resigning the from the Debian position may very well get you nothing
else but a pink slip from your employer.

> resolving the issue.  (Not to mention that one's employer is far from the
> only party in one's life that one may not be able to easily say no to.)

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169