Re: Questions to the candidates

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

>>5. Do you see any services for our users or developers missing or
>>   poorly maintained?  If so, which and what do you plan to do to
>>   fix this?
>
> I'm not directly aware of anything important missing at the moment. I
> know that we struggled to get packages.d.o running again, but that is
> now in hand. When we do have problems, more visibility on the causes
> and solutions would be useful - that's where we have had problems in
> the past.
>
> I'll turn the question around - what do _you_ think we're missing or
> not maintaining correctly? The services that I need are working OK,
> but I'm only one person.

- Backups.  This DPL debate has revealed that actually there are some
  meanwhile, but it's not yet properly documented, and some important
  services (alioth/svn) don't seem to have regular backups.

- At some places, communication infrastructure is missing (e.g. buildd
  administration).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster