Re: Questions to the candidates

Frank Küster wrote:
> >>5. Do you see any services for our users or developers missing or
> >>   poorly maintained?  If so, which and what do you plan to do to
> >>   fix this?
> >
> > I'm not directly aware of anything important missing at the moment. I
> > know that we struggled to get packages.d.o running again, but that is
> > now in hand. When we do have problems, more visibility on the causes
> > and solutions would be useful - that's where we have had problems in
> > the past.
> >
> > I'll turn the question around - what do _you_ think we're missing or
> > not maintaining correctly? The services that I need are working OK,
> > but I'm only one person.
>
> - Backups.  This DPL debate has revealed that actually there are some
>   meanwhile, but it's not yet properly documented, and some important

Where do you want it to be documented?
There has been an announcement on debian-devel-announce.
There is technical project-internal documentation as well.

There were backups of critical resources before, on my own harddisk, though...

>   services (alioth/svn) don't seem to have regular backups.

I'm not sure I've mentioned this in public already, but a backup
facility together with a new machine for the alioth services are
available, they need to be set up and connected properly, though.
This is work in progress by the Alioth admins.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.