Re: Candidate questions: expulsions process

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:17:00AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr>
> > On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:36:42AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > > 2. Do you believe it would be fair to cite someone's non-technical
> > >    socio-religious views in the reasoning for or against expulsion?
> >
> > I sure hope you are not seriously asking that.
>
> Sadly, events last month make me entirely serious about it.
> Do you believe it would be fair?

It would not be fair, and it would also be harmful to the project.

We are a worldwide organisation whose goal is to produce a universal OS,
which mean we should accept developers from all over the world and
who are likely to have widely different socio-religious background, the
important point being they contribute in accordance the Debian Social
Contract, not that they follow someone socio-religious view.

We should try to keep our socio-religious difference aside when working on
Debian, not using them against each others.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.