Re: question for all candidates

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 01:05:06AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2006-03-10 23:23:52]:
> > Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> wrote:
> > > I did not ask Joeren for obvious reasons.
> > What were those obvious reasons? You and Branden stood against each
> > other despite agreeing to be on each other's team, so I'm curious as to
> > why the same isn't true this year.
>
> It came as a surprise to me to have a contender in my own team
> when I returned from my skiing vacation last year. I did not want
> a similar situation this year again.

This year, team formation is happening after nominations are already
over, so your fear makes no sense.

Within the DPL team, I discussed at the beginning of the nomination
period who would run this year. I announced that I would most likely
nominate myself. Why didn't you inform the rest of the team you were
considering to run again until you nominated yourself publicly? That was
a surprise for me.

> The good thing about our voting system is that you cant split
> votes. By running seperatly (and both being team based) we give
> people a wider choice of candiates with teams. That is a good
> thing since everyone who thinks he can do this alone without
> being just a figure head fools himself and the whole Debian
> project. Both he and I understood that and can provide a real
> choice to the voters.

I don't understand, identical teams or not, there would've been two
candidates with a team? Are the other five candidates all fools, or
running to become a figure head?

If that's what you wanted to write, I strongly disagree.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl