Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:
> And, personally, I really don't see the relevance in the context of
> this web page.  If you're tired, and want to just get stuff done, don't
> you have your own web pages? [...]

A variation on the "you can discriminate in your own space" suggestion.
Not a good approach to stopping discrimination, though.

> I think you're confusing that project with a web page. [...]

Not really. The project maintains the web page. The project
has a mailing list. On both of these and some others, when a
choice is made on how to include or exclude from something,
sex is used as a primary decision-maker. This is despite what
some of the reasonable members say or do about addressing wider
issues not limited to one sex and that the project should avoid
being sexist.

[The "this discrimination doesn't hurt men" argument and then...]

> I think you should be fair about this -- either bring up a specific
> concrete problem where someone is being injured, or admit that you
> don't have any such issue in mind.
>
> "You didn't put the people I want on your page" sounds more like the

If it's fair to call one-sided example genders on www.debian as
a bug, let's call it a bug where it happens across all debian.
Is it fair? The www example genders weren't shown to be
concretely injuring anyone before being changed, either.

> whining of a petulant child than a serious issue.

Play the ball, not the man.