Re: Question for A. Towns - NM

Hi, MJ Ray wrote:

> Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> wrote:
>> You can get another ticket for the Meme Lottery if you tell us what we
>
> I think this above is inappropriate "content".

*Sigh* You're probably right about that. Sorry.

>> (and/or the new DPL) should do instead, given that (a) inappropriate
>> "content" is a problem on many Debian lists, and (b) previous attempts
>> to tone said content down have failed.
>
> Why did they fail? I didn't see that referenced in the campaign in a way
> that made me think the gagging options presented were needed.

A code of conduct is worthless if nobody has the power to actually enforce
it. AJ may focus too much on "hard" methods of enforcing and not enough on
"soft" ones, but if the latter don't seem to work, what else is there?

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de