Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> also sprach Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> [2005.03.06.0242 +0100]:
> > But debian-women contributors include both men and women.
>
> Why is it called debian-women? Aren't there also men, some shy, some
> merely put off by the roughness of this project, or many other
> reasons, who would welcome a warmer environment?

Because its goal is to address specifically the concerns of women who
have found Debian forbidding (or something like that).  Both men and
women can contribute to the understanding of and solutions for these
problems.  The *topic* is women, the *contributors* are both men and
women.

> Or: is the problem really sexism? Or is it just that the environment
> is not particularly friendly to women, who have different
> preferences for social interaction than men?

Debian-women's charter does not contain any assumptions I can see
about what the source of the problem is.