Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> > I've been labelled because I fit a similar description to others,
> > so why not label debian nazi if there is a nazi DD? I think that
> > shows the absurdity of some debian-women contributors.
> Could you please provide a pointer to this labelling?

Sadly not directly. The public stuff is too vague and
limited to the level of "Who cares?" about someone linking
krooger's message to him being a white christian male.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00093.html

The reasoning was explained to me in private email by a
debian-women contibutor, I think a bit before trying to out it
in the above thread. Paraphrasing, I was told that I got a bad
response partly because I contacted the subproject soon after
krooger had (unsurprisingly, as it looks like he was replying to
the same mailshot) and partly from crass phrasing on my part. I
don't see why krooger's actions should affect my reception,
other than we share some attributes (and only some).

I hope that that contributor writes in public about this soon,
to help improve debian-women, but I don't want to "out" helpful
people. (Yes, I know I ought to check what stuff I was told in
public before posting about it. I apologise for it.)

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.