Re: Question for candidate Towns

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> schrieb:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>>>Given I personally worked around the lack of ftpmaster support for
>>>pools for a good six to twelve months while developing testing, I
>>>think I've got a reasonable basis for thinking this isn't such a big
>>>deal.
>> This work wasn't targetted at users at that stage, was it?
[...]
> I was certainly trying to make it useful for users at the time.

But you were not working on boot-floppies, or d-i as it would be now.
And while it might have been okay for some users to add this line to
their sources.list, it is my strong believe that such an approach,
generally taken, would do Debian strong harm.  We would degenerate to a
group discussing and proposing a policy document, with many nearly or
hardly policy-compliant repositories growing around us.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich