Re: Question for candidate Towns [Was, Re: DPL election IRC Debate - Call for questions]

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:33:43PM -0800, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> >>The most valuable thing I can think of would be to not have to have some
> >>flame or another continually burning on the lists about how ftpmaster
> >Well, you seem to mention mostly the flames,
>
> Yes, because the question asked was what could be done to allow
> ftpmaster to act more effectively; not what things we would like to do
> more effective
>
> >I understand that flames are entirely out of order,
>
> Flames aren't entirely out of order, least of all if you use the term
> like I do to encompass a pretty wide range of passionate debate. The
> problem comes when flaming is the order of the day, rather than a
> special event. And that applies even if the "flame" is just a fairly
> polite statement that "you're not doing the job in the way I expect you to".

Well, i guess people get rather irritated if sending email to ftp-master email
address for things that are mostly reasonable could as well go to /dev/null,
so i guess it is mostly a communication problem.

You wouldn't accept this kind of behavior from DDs on their package
maintenance, but it is perfectly normal for the ftp-masters to do it ?
And it is worse since the email don't come from random users, but from the
exact same DDs who are all working together to make it all happen.

Friendly,

Sven Luther