Re: Question for candidate Towns

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> Sven Luther wrote:
>>> It's hard to take this sort of discussion as anything but an attack
>>> on ftpmaster, since there are plenty of teams in Debian that're
>>> even less transparent and effective than us. But given how these
>>> sorts of
>> But they are less a hindrance to the daily work of maintainers, and can thus
>> more easily be avoided/worked around/whatever.
>
> If you think ftpmaster is a hindrance to your daily work, it's trivial
> to avoid it -- upload to your own site instead, or to
> people.debian.org.

That is no solution.  To me, "Debian work" does not mean just to create
fancy packages, used by a couple of geeks who work with a huge
sources.list.  Rather, it means providing an operating system for
users who want a sources.list as small as possible, perhaps only their
CDs and security.

> Given I personally worked around the lack of ftpmaster support for
> pools for a good six to twelve months while developing testing, I
> think I've got a reasonable basis for thinking this isn't such a big
> deal.

This work wasn't targetted at users at that stage, was it?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich