Re: GR Proposal: Declassification of -private

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 08:15:21PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Does Author A's mail get outed anyway as part of author B's
>  response?  In other wrods, shall the declassification committee
>  redact quotes in mails the primary author has said is OK to the
>  publish, but in the scenario the quoted authors do not wish their
>  words to be made public?

I would assume and expect so; at the very least that comes under the
"comments by others who would be affected by the publication of the post
will also be taken into account by the declassification team" clause.

The other potential issue is private mails to a developer that get
forwarded on by that developer; the original author oughtn't be left of
the loop. There's a similar case if a developer posts "So-and-so told me
that ...". I'm not confident I can guess all the scenarios in advance,
but I think there's sufficient opportunity for the delegates to make
good decisions and for the developers to check them over.

Cheers,
aj