Re: GR Proposal: Declassification of -private

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 01:10:37PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>   If, on the other hand (but this may be better the scope of another GR?
>   I'm not sure, just mention if you think it is), this proposal is
>   accompanied by a change in -privacy policy from now on, namely "posts
>   will be declassified after three years unless there is a note in the
>   message disapproving it", the process could become much more
>   straightforward three years after the GR passes.

Hrm, I would've thought the opportunity to change your mind later would
still be relevant though (in the "actually, on reflection, that's fine,
make it public" or "ooops, I should've said not to release that"),
and having people that can catch things that shouldn't be published
(like the names of people who've donated to Debian) seems worthwhile.

I'm not really seeing how much more straightforward that makes it anyway?

>   I don't feel too strongly about including the above or not, but it
>   certainly seems to me something that should be considered at the same
>   time that the creation of such team is discussed.

Definitely...

Cheers,
aj