Re: GR Proposal: Declassification of -private

* John Lightsey [Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:40:31 -0600]:

> For a policy going forward I would have no objections to sharing
> messages which are not explicitly affirmed as private.

  I am concerned about this. As the proposal currently stands, to
  declassify mails sent after the GR is passed, the same procedure as
  with mails sent before would have to be followed: wait three years,
  contact authors, wait for response, publish or not. Only in the case
  where authors choose to explicitly state their consent or disapproval
  for declassification, would the debian-private declassification team
  save some work.

  If, on the other hand (but this may be better the scope of another GR?
  I'm not sure, just mention if you think it is), this proposal is
  accompanied by a change in -privacy policy from now on, namely "posts
  will be declassified after three years unless there is a note in the
  message disapproving it", the process could become much more
  straightforward three years after the GR passes.

  I don't feel too strongly about including the above or not, but it
  certainly seems to me something that should be considered at the same
  time that the creation of such team is discussed.

Adeodato Simó
    EM: dato (at) the-barrel.org | PK: DA6AE621

Russian roulette in bash: ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~