Re: followup to my time-management question

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:57:14AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I won't do this.  I'll do it just before the end of the discussion
> period instead of just after, if that's a new rule for non-candidates.
> (Though, note, Manoj's email said that the rule only customary anyway,
> and only for the candidates.)

"Roughly a week" is a good guideline, I think.  You're right that it's
not any kind of hard and fast rule.

> The point is to expect and require the candidates to give their *own*
> straightfoward estimation of their work, and not just say "hey, you
> got me wrong here and here".  I want the candidates to say, "I did
> this well, I did that poorly, etc."

Well... one issue here was that your question was very similar to
another question, which the candidates answered.  You felt that that
was inadequate, but waited until it was far to late to before you even
hinted that this was an issue for you.

Anyways, please do NOT take my suggestions as any kind of formal
requirement.  I was making suggestions, and was not handing down laws.

--
Raul