Re: followup to my time-management question

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> I did eventually find your post -- Date: 12 Mar 2005 04:27:47 -0800,

I started it as a new thread, and it wasn't buried in the midst of
anything else.

> Honestly, if the question was as important to you as your current
> attitude seems to indicate, I'd think that you would have attempted to
> express importance of the form of the answer you were expecting for this
> question a bit better.

"My current attitude"?  It may be hugely important to you that I went
ahead and answered it myself, but it wasn't to me.  Indeed, the
information I gathered was useful, but was only one of many more
important things that I took into account in voting.  Many of the
nuances and understandings and "but this isn't the full story" I did
indeed take into account when I voted, but I didn't put them in my
public email because I was bending over backwards to be unbiased and
as objective as I could be in it.

> Basically, you've demanded that every candidate read every word of your
> posts, and (up until just recently) you've treated this particular
> issue as considerably less important than the other issues you were
> writing about.

It may well be less important; I haven't said it was more important.
It was stated as clearly as I thought it could be.  The nice web page
that tracked all the different "official" questions asked took note of
it, and when a status report about the page was posted, I immediately
followed up and indicated that my question should not be regardad as
the same as the other time-management question, only more detailed,
but its own question.

So, rather than beat a dead horse, since I intend to ask the same
question (or much the same question) next year, what should I do
differently?

Thomas