Re: followup to my time-management question

On Sunday, 20 March 2005 20:50, Erinn Clark wrote:
> * Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> [2005:03:20 18:35 -0800]:
> > I post this now so that the information I have researched may be
> > available to the voters, having waited until the end of the
> > campaigning period to give each candidate a fully fair opportunity
> > to answer for themselves.
> It was pretty of unfair to post this now. Having looked over the
> "data" you posted, I see some things which lack extremely crucial
> information for context, but pointing this out is almost like
> campaigning on behalf of the candidates or taking potshots at the
> other. Either way they can't reply.

They can't reply?

Okay, nothing particular about this message, or even this thread, but I
keep seeing messages implying there is some kind of "can't compaign"
rule that happens when voting starts.

I don't see anything like that in the constitution--in fact, there isn't
even anything in there about a "Compaign Period", only about a perioud
during which no candidates can be nominated, and a note that candidates
*should* use this time for campaigning.

Even if it's debatable if that "should" is exlcusive or inclusive, it's
still just a "should". I don't see why a DPL candidate couldn't go
until the day the vote ends, or start compaigning for 2012 starting now
if they really wanted to (other than that it would be

Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>