Re: followup to my time-management question

Wesley J Landaker wrote:
I don't see anything like that in the constitution--in fact, there isn't even anything in there about a "Compaign Period", only about a perioud during which no candidates can be nominated, and a note that candidates *should* use this time for campaigning.

The go-to guy for constitutional interpretation is the secretary. He's the guy who set up the website for the vote, viz:

	http://www.debian.org/vote/2005/vote_001

That site gives explicit start and end times for the campaigning period.

I expect he'd be willing to listen to arguments for varying that interpretation, but it's been very consistent tradition in Debian that all the arguments are aired and finished before voting opens.

Cheers,
aj