Re: Question for candidate Towns

Adeodato Simó <asp16@alu.ua.es> writes:

> * Anthony Towns [Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:52:49 +1000]:
>
> > Hrm. I thought for sure I'd made that clear in that thread, but now I
> > can't seem to find any evidence of it.
>
>   "I'm happy to do the same thing for any other maintainer who is being
>   attacked by someone who's trying to use the BTS reopen command to force
>   a maintainer to do things against their better judgement."
>
>   That's from the link above.

Yes, but this doesn't *quite* answer my question.

The question is whether the bts people will make their own decision
about anything, or just do whatever the maintainer says.

See, the point is that in Anthony Towns' case, he didn't need to worry
about any re-investigation of the question.  Nobody would decide that
he's being unreasonable, nobody would second-guess his technical
judgement, nobody would do anything, b/c he had control over both
parts of it.  Now I think he made the right judgment here, but that
isn't the question.

The question is if *I* try this, will the bts people start looking
into the case, and make their own judgment about whether my request is
reasonable?  In other words, will they simply exclude someone on my
say-so, or will they conduct their own investigation?

Thomas