Re: debian-women obscurity, was: Clarification about krooger's platform

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 02:36:49AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > If it's fair to call one-sided example genders on www.debian as
> > a bug, let's call it a bug where it happens across all debian.
> That's a fair call.  So are you going to follow d-women's example, get
> involved in the project you feel is a problem, and help to provide
> corrective action? [...]

Some of my suggestions have been accepted previously. Damned
if I can find the right bug tracker entries for them, though.
This is a lower priority than some other tasks (package review
and upload, for example) and I feel progress is impeded by some
irrational or uncommunicative people. For example, "Searching
for Safety Online" (which recommends "pro-active interventions")
has been used to justify the debate-killing silence policy in
the List FAQ, which seems just plain broken.

So, I have not contributed for some time.  There are more
welcoming and encouraging parts of the project which also need
help. I call on the debian-women leaders to make it welcoming
and rebalance tolerance, but here I'm really interested in what
the DPL candidates would do about topics this raises, if anything.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.