Re: Vote Robinson for DPL!

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:36:38AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:17:19PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 08:26:00AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Ean is right that Debian needs to be more active with SPI.  I wish many
> > > more Debian developers were actively watching SPI.  Every Debian
> > > developer is entitled to vote in SPI general elections, yet if memory
> > > serves, SPI has about one fifth the participation that DPL elections
> > > get.  And that's counting not just Debian SPI members, but all SPI
> > > members that vote.
> >
> > Notice that for non-US developers, i think that SPI is not all that
> > interesting to get involved with actively, that is at least the impression i
> > get from it.
>
> Probably the interest level is about the same for everyone.  If you are
> bored with what SPI does, it probably doesn't matter where you live :-)

Well, i guess US residents are probably more used with the abysmal banking
system you have there, and so don't dispair when the lost-checks-horror-story
get regularly posted on the mailing lists.

> We have three non-US people on the SPI board: David Graham (Canada), Ian
> Jackson (UK), Joey Schulze (Germany), if I remember correctly.  We also
> have non-US people that occasionally help us translate web pages.

Yeah, but there is also ffis or whatever its name was in germany.

> As far as I know, we have no rules regarding the nationality of members
> or officers of SPI.

Probably. Still you are subject to laws of NY or something such in the SPI
bylaws, and really most of those talks are really really tedious.

Friendly,

Sven Luther