Re: Vote Robinson for DPL!

John,

I must commend you on this excellent summary of the current goings-on with
SPI. My only regret is that it takes my nasty tempered flame whipping to get
something this informative out of the board.

I know that you guys are trying and doing what in each of your minds you feel
is the most productive. Obviously there were disagreements between us about
what constituted effective action. I'm willing to make a vocal nuisance of
myself and fight dirty if I believe no other actions will be effective and
that tends to make me look evil. Hell, maybe I am evil or even just simply
annoying.

For a moment, let's try to look past the fact that I'm an aggressive dickhead
and get to the root of my complaint. The SPI board blocked my efforts to
repair SPI's logistics because my manner was too dictatorial. That may or may
not have been a sound decision. Ultimately the question still stands, have
operations been repaired? Would it have been better to let me execute a rapid
and forceful reorganization of SPI's operations in order to set its house
well in order? The productivity of the organization and the results of the
board's decisions need to be judged, my sins aside.

Branden, and the SPI board, need to stop side stepping issues. Making me the
villain is not a cure all, no matter how well I fit the role. Branden
inherited a huge mess and the task was difficult but that doesn't change the
fact that he failed at the task and blames everyone but himself. Show me
where he ever said "I screwed up because I didn't do my job and it cost
Debian a lot of money." A leader must take responsibility.

I am not, however, placing blame for the whole situation on him. There are two
messages mixed in with the noise and blather of my attacks. Number one,
Branden isn't ready to be DPL because he won't accept responsibility and he
is not sufficiently organized. Number two, Debian needs to take some formal
action with regard to assuring that the SPI role is executed properly.
Whether that means killing SPI, reorganizing its staff or providing fault
tolerant redundancy is an open matter.

Cheers.
~Ean

--