[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64

I second this proposal.

Someone mentioned that my post[0] implies that ftpmaster will be solving
this problem soon. I will believe it when I see it. We tried contacting
ftpmaster for weeks/months? about the issue with no response. The post
was just to state I got a statement out of them finally. ftpmaster in
most cases refuses to comment at all. If what Daniel Silverstone told me
is true then we should be seeing a post to d-d-a about the new SCC stuff
in the next week. IMHO waiting another few months to start a GR on
something that several groups have been dragging their feet on for a long
time is not a good idea. Perhaps they were actually busy that whole time,
but with their lack of communication what are we left to believe? (Note
this point has been brought up numerous times in the past by many other

Do we really want to wait another 2yr+ to release the amd64 arch?


[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/07/msg00034.html

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: