Robert Millan wrote:

>When you accused me of interpreting official documents "pedanticaly", I
>wondered what you meant exactly with being pedantic.

Please don't top-post, it makes the baby Jesus cry.

More seriously - the constitution clearly defines what can and can't be
done with GRs. The social contract's "We will not hide problems" makes
no clear statement about how certain kinds of business should be carried
out. The two situations are not desperately analagous.

(Context for those not on #debian-devel - I suggested that a more
appropriate mechanism for dealing with this problem would have been for
private discussion to have taken place in a non-confrontational manner.
Robert suggested that this would be breaching clause 3 of the social
contract)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org