Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

> That's not true. All packages are expected to comply with the current
> issue of debian-policy at all times. Most of the issues in policy (ie, all
> of them except those at http://people.debian.org/~ajt/sarge_rc_policy.txt)
> aren't release critical issues and won't result in any greater sanction
> than a bug report being filed or a lintian error though.

So "require" doesn't mean "gets excluded from the release".  My point
is that we do not immediately exclude packages from the release
because they fail to comply with policy, and this is especially true
for new changes in policy.  I expected the same procedure would be
followed in this case.

This is especially true because, in my view, we've been violating the
Social Contract for years, and I've been patiently waiting for us to
steadily get better, filing bug reports as I see them, and working as
best I can to get us into closer compliance.  Given that this is how
it always seemed to me that we were working, I assumed we'd continue
in the same vein.

Thomas