Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 05:47:23PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Policy has an explicit provision supporting the release of packages under
> a previous version of policy (this was 5.6.10, last time I looked),
> but foundation documents are not governed by policy -- it's the other
> way around.

That's not true. All packages are expected to comply with the current
issue of debian-policy at all times. Most of the issues in policy (ie, all
of them except those at http://people.debian.org/~ajt/sarge_rc_policy.txt)
aren't release critical issues and won't result in any greater sanction
than a bug report being filed or a lintian error though.

OTOH, action isn't taken for RC issues until after the maintainer's
had some reasonable amount of time to take action on them. That doesn't
equate to "however long the maintainer chooses" though.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.