Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

> If you don't think it should have any effect on the release of sarge,
> then you should make that case to the technical committee.

And the technical committee said that a GR should settle it, and we
have found already that you sometimes interpret GRs in a surprising
way.  Is it wildly unfair to wonder how you will interpret this one?

When a new criminal law is being considered by a legislature, one of
the people most important to hear from is the attorney general, who
can give advice on the scope of the language under consideration and
describe its practical effects in terms of enforcement.

> With great power comes great responsibility: GRs give you the power to
> shape the project as you will, so you need to exercise that power with
> the appropriate restraint. Relying on authority figures rather than
> developing your own judgement is not the way to do that effectively.

The fear is that we have an authority figure who will figure out a way
to ignore a GR that we pass.  You could alleviate that fear (even if
it's irrational) by giving an idea of what your actions might be.

Thomas