Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:23:54AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> And the technical committee said that a GR should settle it, and we
> have found already that you sometimes interpret GRs in a surprising
> way.

Minor nit: the technical committee hasn't said anything.

Members of the technical committee have voiced their opinion.

[Informally: a number of the members of the technical committee expressed
that they thought the developers as a whole were making good progress
on resolving this issue, and did not see any strong benefit in issuing
an independent opinion.]

That said, of course a GR could resolve [or at least change] the current
situation.  Whether it can resolve the larger issue (conflicting opinions
about what we're trying to do) is a different matter (and the larger
issue seems to be squarely in the laps of all developers rather than
just the committee).

--
Raul