On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:10:47 -0400, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> said:

> * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) wrote:
>> That is bot, BTW, how quorum works.  You would need at least 46
>> people to change the foundation documents, as long as they were of
>> one mind.
>>
>> I find it amusing that we have people who were horrified how hard
>> it would be to change a foundation document when that GR was
>> proposed, and now we have another set horrified at how easy it is
>> change one.

> I don't see why you should be.  I expect most were concerned with
> the 3:1 super-majority requirment and didn't even consider or think
> about the quorum.  Certainly, I didn't at the time.  I do think the
> quorum requirement for foundation documents needs to be increased.
> I'd be tempted to suggest 40%-50% of developers but the fact that we
> didn't get much above that for the DPL election makes me concerned
> that there's too many MIA developers on our roles for that to work.

	What on earth for? You can't mandate interest; and raising the
 quorum in general allows the slackers and the apathetic people to
 prevent the people who are interested in actually doing work.  If
 people are not interested, they are not interested -- you should not
 penalize every one else  for the disinterest of the rest.

	manoj
--
You're working under a slight handicap.  You happen to be human.