Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

* Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2004-03-08 21:41]:
> * Thomas Bushnell, BSG (tb@becket.net) [040308 21:40]:
>> No, the "keep non-free" alternative does not contain any provisions
>> limiting future discussion.  It is also at best a "keep non-free for
>> now" option.

 Yes, thats the way I see it, too. I can't support removal of non-free
until a replacement infrastructure is available or promised before doing
the real removal. When that is done I see no objections from my part
(or, fwiw, I wouldn't expect any sensible objections from anyone) to
remove it.

> It also does not contain any provision limiting future flaming by me
> to anyone who revives that discussion. It is also a "please let us go
> back to work" option.

 Noone holds you back from getting back to work -- only yourself. I
don't see the need for your flaming, and if it holds you off from your
work I would suggest to leave it off anyway.

 So long,
Alfie
--
> Also eigentlich wird immer mehr automatisiert. Warum nicht auch die
> Konvertierung von Umlauten von einem characterset in einen anderen?
Weil dann Nöl, der Pöt, eine Pälla verspeist ;-)
         -- Thomas Dehn in de.admin.news.groups