Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

* Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [040308 14:40]:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:48:24PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > * Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2004-03-08 11:32]:
> > > * Gerfried Fuchs (alfie@ist.org) [040308 11:25]:
> > >
> > > The GR is not about the next little step, but about the fundamental
> > > decision whether we want to keep non-free, or remove it soon.
> >
> >  But that next step influences if I am for or against. If it isn't sure
> > that the next step (moving it to nonfree.org instead of erasing it from
> > earths surface completely) will be made I am fully *against* the GR. And
> > I guess I am not the only one. This is a needed precondition for some of
> > us, I am quite confident that I am not the only one.

> Just vote for keeping non-free then. Once non-free.org has been created,
> and has been proved to be a working replacement of non-free in the
> debian archive, meeting all the needs of the non-free maintainers and
> users, i don't see how our promise to keep non-free will stop us from
> moving to this new infrastructure.

No. If you are not satisfied with either text, you can vote for
"further discussion". But if the "keep non-free" is the result of this
vote, than _please_ don't discuss any more after that. It is decided
than, and let's get back to our work after this GR.

We have more important tasks than to have the same discussion again
and again.

Cheers,
Andi
--