Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

* Gerfried Fuchs (alfie@ist.org) [040308 11:25]:
> * Debian Project Secretary <secretary@debian.org> [2004-03-07 18:55]:
> > [   ] Choice 1: Cease active support of non-free [3:1 majority needed]

>  If one votes that non-free will be purged completely, from what I
> understand. Right?
>
>  Which option is: "Keep it as long as it has been moved to nonfree.org
> (with infrastructure) and remove it then."? I guess many are missing
> this, and I just hope this wasn't forgotten.

The GR is not about the next little step, but about the fundamental
decision whether we want to keep non-free, or remove it soon. In
neither case non-free is removed for sarge, so there is enough time to
get up a non-free.org if choice 1 is taken and a non-free.org is wanted.

>  I guess its this:
>
> > [   ] Choice 2: Re-affirm support for non-free
>
>  And yet another GR once nonfree.org is up and running. Aren't we a
> happy bureocracy...

No. Choice 2 is: Let's keep non-free.

And both Choices have one in common: Settle that issue for the next
time.

Cheers,
Andi
--