Re: "keep non-free" proposal

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Out of main and into? And latest news report on this spoke of at least
> 6 more month.

As I said, time delay doesn't bother me.  Latest reports said that
movement may happen.  Bugs have been filed against the relevant
packages.

> Well, the problem here is where you draw the line. what is acceptable in
> non-free and what is not. I would prefer a case by case analysis.

Sure, some of that is probably necessary regardless.  The kind of
compromise I might be content with would involve some independent
review of the question.

> Also, i think you forgot my own proposal, which was then gone into
> Raul's one, and later abandoned in the many iterations thereof.

Well, you didn't push your proposal enough to want it to be on the
ballot.  If you wanted that bigger ballot; if people wanted something
there that wasn't being offered, why did they not propose something?
Instead we got the "reaffirm non-free" resolution, which is about as
vacant as I can imagine.

I wish you hadn't allowed your own proposal to get co-opted into
Raul's.

Thomas