Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:47:54PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> > > Who has been saying this?
> >
> > I just did. I believe it is true also. I also think that the FSF would
> > agree with me on this, not entirely sure though.
>
> Weird.  If it were true, then why package free stuff?  Why are you

I suppose you mean non-free here.

> doing something you think is evil?

Because i believe the time of confrontation has not yet come, and that
the moment to remove non-free from the debian infrastructure (see how
heavy this construction is over the simpler from debian, which you
choose to misunderstood). There is no alternative to non-free hardware
today, so there is not really much we can do about this. But all the
rest of the non-free software, by all means, get ride of it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther