Re: non-free and users?

Raul Miller wrote:

One can package software with most restrictive license you can imagine,
but this can not produce any ethical problem, until it will be
*distributed*. If distribution is not performed, it can not produce
described non-ethical situations, neither #1 nor #2.

In your example here, it's the license which is the potential problem,
not the software.  The phrase "until it will be distributed" makes that
very obvious.

Both actions[1] are necessary to produce discussed situations. And
preventing from happening any of them will be enough to prevent both #1
and #2.

Also, I can construct examples where software would be used for evil
purposes without being distributed at all.

I believe you. I also believe that license will have probably nothing to
do with you examples. But we talk about #1 and #2 (which are actually
mostly about the same).

1. Of course, there are mach more actions involved, but they are less related to the discussion.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov