Re: non-free and users?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:19:22AM +0100, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> And what is this mistake?

I believe I answered that in the message you were replying to.

> Owners of non-free packages make "mistake"[1] - they distribute packages
> with non-free licence. By distributing those of them which we are able
> to distribute we make the same mistake - distribute programs with
> non-free licence.

The mistake is acting to preclude some free distribution, support and
use of software.

I think you're talking about fairness, not ethics.  You seem more
concerned with the universality of our decisions than the result of
those decisions.

--
Raul