Re: non-free and users?

On 2004-01-17 21:30:45 +0000 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

What is the distinction between "drop non-free" and "prevent its
distribution"?

Raul, in an email on 5 January, I explained that to prevent something is usually to totally stop something from happening, to make it impossible. Please do not assert that removing non-free from the debian archive would totally stop its distribution. Not even those who think debian is the One True OS can ignore there is a rest of the world which a GR cannot dictate to.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at