Re: summary of software licenses in non-free

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 02:39:38PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> there for non-free packages. I.e., how many maintainers would be affected
> by the migration to another service, WRT package maintanence.

Speaking for myself, dealing with a separate non-free archive would
mean:

1. Uploading to a different queue; no big deal at all;

2. Dealing with a separate BTS instance. Major PITA, especially as my
   non-free packages (xpdf-*) are closely linked with some of my other
   packages in main.

3. No support from the PTS, Debian developer's package overview, etc.
   Also translation project etc would be affected.

But most importantly, to me:

4. It's a major PITA for our users.

Hamish