Re: Revoking non-free less violently

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 05:24:16PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:04:33PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > But what problem(s) are you solving, and how is this a better solution
> > > than any of the other proposals?
>
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 04:57:14PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > What's your definition of a "problem"?
>
> In this context, I imagine it's two or more ideals or goals which are
> apparently in conflict because people don't bother to examine the nature
> of the goals.  [So maybe "dilemma" would be a better word than "problem".]

So, it is your contention that the only reason that a dispute over
removing non-free exists is because some people are too intellectually
lazy to understand the purposes of the Project?

Is there an officially sanctioned exegesis of the Social Contract that I
can consult so that I may practice more correct thinking?  Or will
consultation and prayer with the rabbinical council that opposes the GR
suffice?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You can have my PGP passphrase when
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    you pry it from my cold, dead