Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 01:21:12PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Not necessarily.  A person who ranks their preferences insincerely
> > might simply feel they're using the system the way it was designed
> > to be used.
> 	I challenge the use of the term insincerely here.

It's a technical term. We're asking for people to give their preferences
in a list of options; if that's not what they give us (because some
other set of numbers would be more likely to produce a better result),
then that's considered an insincere vote.

The problem here is that generally we don't want people to have to worry
about hacking the voting system just to express an opinion.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda