Re: GRs, irrelevant amendments, and insincere voting

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 06:40:21PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Is it?  Sounds like you have a very short term viewpoint; and
>  you are missing the whole point of a community of people finding
>  common cause to create a free operating system.
>
> 	Sure, if having your way win is worth ore than coming to a
>  cnosensus, you can vote insincerely.  Sounds kinda silly to spend a
>  whole lot of time on Debian, when you are really contributing to
>  infighting and intractability, just because you do not know how to be
>  a team player.

Why the personal attacks on people who are interested in discussing what
is (to date) only a hypothetical flaw[1] in our Standard Resolution
Procedure?

Why the objection to an exploration of the issue?  If those of us who
are intersted in it think about it now, we (the Project) may already
have some reasoning under our belts should the situation ever come to
pass.

[1] and I do mean hypothetical, as in "not proven"

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     redeemed.  God loves us, so He